- olive oil3 tablespoons
- clove garlic, sliced1 pieces
- white onion, diced1
- water1 cups
- tuna in olive oil2 (6 ounce) cans
- pitted black olives, drained and chopped1 (6 ounce) cans
- garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed1 (15 ounce) cans
- garlic salt1/2 teaspoons
- ground black pepper1/2 teaspoons
- penne pasta1 pounds
- grated Romano cheese1/4 cups
== Directions ==
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic in oil until golden. Stir in onion and water and cook until onion is soft. Stir in the tuna with its oil, olives, beans, garlic salt and pepper.
Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer while pasta is cooking.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss pasta with tuna mixture, top with Romano and serve.