- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pkg (1 1/4oz) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (14 1/2oz ea.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (16oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can chili beans in sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Shredded cheese (mozzarella, Monterey Jack or cheddar)
- Slightly crushed tortilla chips
In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion, one-half at a time, till meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Transfer to a 3 1/2-to 5-quart crockery cooker. Stir in dry taco seasoning mix, diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies, pinto beans, chili beans in chili sauce, and corn. Cover; cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Sprinkle each serving with some cheese and chips.
Makes 8 servings.