- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 TBS butter, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- 3 oz. Swiss cheese slices, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion (optional)
Layer half the potatoes, 1/4 cup onion, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1 TBS butter in slow cooker. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. Remove potatoes with slotted spoon to serving dish.
Blend milk and flour in small bowl until smooth. Stir mixture into slow cooker. Add cheese; stir to combine. If slow cooker is on LOW, turn to HIGH, cover and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir. Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and serve. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.