- 1 butternut squash, about 2 pounds, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 can(14-1/2-ounce) tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can(about 15-ounces) corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced well
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-" pieces
- 1 canned green chili, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2- teaspoons tomato paste
Combine all ingredients except tomato paste in slow-cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours or until squash is tender. Remove about 1/4- cup cooking liquid and blend with tomato paste. Stir into slow-cooker. Cook 30 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and heated through.
Serves 6- 8.