- large onion, halved and sliced1 pieces
- butter or margarine 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth2 tablespoons
- garlic clove, minced1 pieces
- dried rosemary, crushed1/2 teaspoons
- salt1/4 teaspoons
- pepper1/4 teaspoons
- beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick2 pieces
== Directions ==
In a large skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over steaks. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F; medium, 160 degrees F; well-done, 170 degrees F). Serve with caramelized onions.