- 4 cups sliced & buttered French bread, cubed
- 1 bag frozen spinach (16 oz)
- 6 to 8 ounces diced, cooked bacon, ham, or turkey ham
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (10oz) cream of mushroom soup (the 98% fat free is fine)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion (optional)
Lightly butter a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker/Crock Pot. Layer with half of the buttered bread cubes, spinach, bacon, and cheese; salt and pepper to taste. Repeat layers ending with cheese. Whisk together the soup, milk, eggs, and dried onion. Pour over slow cooker/Crock Pot mixture. Chill for 1 hour or overnight. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
Serves 4 to 6.