- 6 cooked frozen or canned crab or shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon celery or garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 60 won ton wrappers (1-pound)
1 egg white, lightly beaten OR 1 tablespoon flour mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water. Rinse and drain seafood thoroughly. Shred crab or chop shrimp to make about 1 cup; sprinkle lemon juice over seafood. Beat cream cheese and seasonings until smooth and creamy. Stir in seafood, chestnuts, and onions.
Makes 2 cups.
Place a scant teaspoon of seafood mixture in center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with lightly beaten egg white or 1
tablespoon flour mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water. Bring the 4 corners up over filling and pinch together. Pinch edges together and shape to resemble a pinwheel. Keep covered as you work. In deep fryer, deep fry 3 or 4 pinwheels at a time for 2 to 3 minutes.
Makes about 60.