- loaf white bread cubed1/2
- cracker crumbs, divided1 1/2 cups
- chicken broth3 cups
- eggs, lightly beaten3 piece
- salt1 teaspoons
- diced celery3/4 cups
- chopped onion2 tablespoons
- cubed cooked chicken3 cups
- sliced mushrooms, drained1 can or 8 ounces
- butter or margarine1 tablespoons
In a mixing bowl, combine bread cubes and 1 cup cracker crumbs. Stir in broth, eggs, salt, celery, onion, chicken and mushrooms. Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole.
In a saucepan, melt butter, brown remaining cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.