- pork spareribs1 1/2 pounds
- packed brown sugar1/2 cups
- cornstarch4 1/2 teaspoons
- celery salt1/2 teaspoons
- ground ginger1/2 teaspoons
- crushed pineapple, with juice1/2 cups
- water1/4 cups
- chopped onion1/4 cups
- cider vinegar2 tablespoons
- soy sauce2 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce1 tablespoons
- grated orange peel1 1/2 teaspoons
- hot pepper sauce1/8 teaspoons
== Directions ==
Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour; drain.
In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, celery salt and ginger. Combine the pineapple, water onion, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel and hot pepper sauce. Gradually stir into brown sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Brush ribs with sauce. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting with sauce several times.