- 3/4 c Plus 2 tb beer (not dark)
- 1 c All-purpose flour
- 3/4 c Finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 ts Salt plus additional for sprinkling rings
- 1 lg Onion
- Vegetable oil for deep-fryer
- Salsa Verde for dipping -(optional)
In a bowl, whisk beer into flour until batter is smooth and whisk in parsley. Let batter stand 30 minutes and stir in 3/4 ts salt. Cut onion crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices and separate slices into rings. In a deep fryer heat 3 inches oil to 380 deg F. Working in batches of 4 or 5 onion rings, drag rings through batter to coat completely, letting excess drip off, and fry, turning, until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. With tongs, transfer rings as fried to paper towels to drain and season with additional salt.
Serve onion rings with Salsa Verde.