- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped roasted shelled Virginia type peanuts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
Put chopped peanuts in a 9-inch pie plate. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, and ginger; blend in lemon juice and egg whites. Cut chicken into thin slices. Dip slices in egg mixture, then roll in peanuts to coat. Cook 3 or 4 Chicken Bites at a time in deep fryer until desired browness is reached (about 2 minutes), turning once. Remove from oil, and drain on absorbent paper. Repeat until all Bites are cooked. May be served with peach sauce.
Makes about 30.