- sugar1 cups
- butter or margarine, softened1/2 cups
- eggs4 pieces
- chocolate flavored syrup1 (16 ounce) cans
- all-purpose flour1 cups
- chopped nuts1/2 cups
- sugar1 1/4 cups
- butter or margarine6 tablespoons
- milk or light cream6 tablespoons
- vanilla extract1 teaspoons
- semisweet chocolate chips1 cups
In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add syrup and flour; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, for icing, combine sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until chips are melted. (Mixture will be thin.) Immediately pour over brownies. Cool completely before cutting.