- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (I use the minced kind that comes in a jar)
- 1 lb. lean hamburger
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- cumin to taste (I leave this out)
- 2 cans (16 oz. ea.) tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
optional: shredded cheese and/or sour cream for topping
1. Cook onions and garlic in 2 Tbs. oil till onions are yellow. Add hamburger and cook till browned. Stir in chili powder and optional cumin; cook 2 minutes more. Meanwhile, in crockpot, combine remaining ingredients. Stir in browned meat mixture. Cover and cook on Low setting for 8-10 hours.
To serve: ladle chili into bowls. Top with optional shredded cheese and/or sour cream, if desired.
Note: This can be made on top of the stove, too. Let it cook for 1 hour, but stir, so it doesn’t stick to the bottom (this is the nice part of using a crock pot…no need to worry about sticking).