- Boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4" thick1 1/2 pounds
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- Dried oregano, crushed1 teaspoons
- Ground cumin1/4 teaspoons
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 9-10" tomato-flavored or plain flour tortillas, warmed6
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3 oz.)3/4 cups
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo Salsa (or if you don't have - I substituted a small jar of regular salsa)
- Shredded jicama or radishes (very optional)
- Dairy sour cream (very optional)
Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 6 pieces. In a 3 1/2 or 4 qt. crockery cooker place meat, undrained tomatoes, onion, peppers, oregano, cumin, and garlic.
Cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat from cooker. Using 2 forks, shred meat. Spoon one-sixth of the meat onto each warm tortilla just below the center. Top with cheese, Pico de Gallo Salsa, and if desired, jicama or radishes and sour cream. Roll up tortilla. Makes 6 servings
* Prep time: 20 min.
Pico de Gallo Salsa: Combine 2 medium finely chopped tomatoes; 2 tbsp. Finely chopped onion; 2 tbsp. snipped cilantro; 1 serrano pepper; finely chopped; and dash sugar. Cover; chill several hours.