- butter1/4 cups
- sugar2/3 cups
- egg1 pieces
- vanilla extract1/2 teaspoons
- all-purpose flour14 tablespoons
- baking cocoa1/4 cups
- baking soda1/2 teaspoons
- salt1/2 teaspoons
- baking powder1/4 teaspoons
- ground cinnamon1/4 teaspoons
- strong brewed coffee, room temperature1/4 cups
- 1% buttermilk3 tablespoons
- prepared chocolate frosting1 cups
- instant coffee granules3/4 teaspoons
- hot water1 teaspoons
In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and buttermilk.
Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Place the frosting in a bowl. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; stir into frosting until smooth. Frost cupcakes.