- chicken, diced and cooked1 cups
- soy sauce1 tablespoons
- long grain rice, uncooked1 cups
- salad oil1/3 cups
- chicken broth2 1/2 cups
- onion, coarsely chopped2 1/2 cups
- green pepper, finely chopped1/4 cups
- celery, thinly sliced1/4 cups
- eggs, slightly beaten2
- lettuce, finely shredded1 cups
Combine chicken, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt and let stand for 15 minutes. Cook rice in hot oil in skillet over medium heat until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and add chicken with soy sauce and broth.
Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove cover for last few minutes. Stir in onion, green pepper and celery.
Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Push rice mixture to side of skillet and add eggs. Cook until almost set, then blend into rice. Stir in lettuce and serve at once.