- 1 ½ lbs ground beef (or lamb if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Baguettes
In a large bowl, knead the herbs into the ground beef until well combined. Add the lemon juice, breadcrumbs, egg and season with salt and black pepper. Mix well. Shape the mix into eight patties, round or rectangular.
Heat up your BBQ. Lightly oil your barbecue grill and cook the burgers until well browned on each side and just cooked through. Cut the two baguettes into half, cover with mayo/ketchup, tomato slices, lettuce and the burgers. Cut into sizable sandwiches and enjoy immediately.