- Bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg (preferably organic and free range)
- 1 egg white (preferably organic and free range) Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°Fahrenheit.
Place the asparagus in a pot of simmering water and cook for about 5 minutes, until just tender. Drain immediately and arrange in an ovenproof serving dish. Drizzle with the olive oil. In a small bowl, mix together the milk, cheese, egg and egg white and season. Pour over
the asparagus and bake in the oven until lightly browned.
This makes a delicious side dish to roast chicken.